Sunday, May 9, 2010

There and Back

Getting to Japan from Korea is super easy. You take a high-speed train from Seoul to Busan, then a high-speed ferry from Busan to Fukuoka.  The whole trip should take 5-6 hours.  For you, that is.  For me, the person who would doesn’t mind adding a few hours to her trip if it will save a couple of bucks (or sleeping in an airport, or walking a few miles instead of taking a bus), you take the slow bus from Seoul to Busan (5-6 hours) and then the overnight ferry to Fukuoka (11 hours). 

Now, I know that sounds insane, but I had a good time on the bus.  Often times people (but older people especially) take pity on the poor, gigantic white girl traveling by herself, and on the bus ride there, I kept being given food by old ladies, so that was nice.  And I really liked the overnight ferry.  It was like a mini-cruise ship, complete with karaoke rooms

and a small public bath.  The economy rooms were open rooms with mats that fit 10-12 people, and I guess they group by gender because I was in an all-girl room.

(All these pictures are from the website because, as it turns out, all my pictures were pretty crappy).

No comments:

Post a Comment